•1/4 tsp Salt
•3 Tbsp Butter
•3 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour
•1 1/2 cups Evaporated Milk
•2 Tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
•1/4 Scotch Bonnet Pepper, diced
•1 Tbsp Dry Mustard
•1/2 cup Monterey Jack Cheese
•1 cup Medium Cheddar Cheese, grated
1 cup Mozarella cheese ¼” cubes
•1/2 cup Onions, diced
•1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Cut off the stem part of the Breadfruit and cut it into wedges. Peel the skin off with a potato peeler or sharp paring knife.
- Remove the sort of spongy core
- Rinse with cool water, place in a deep pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, add Salt (1/4 tsp), and allow to cook until it’s tender for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- In another saucepan heat the Butter (3 Tbsp) on low heat, then as it melts add the All-Purpose Flour (3 Tbsp) and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the Evaporated Milk (1 1/2 cups), then turn up the heat to medium and whisk. Add the Fresh Parsley (2 Tbsp), Scotch Bonnet Pepper / Pimento Pepper (1/4), Dry Mustard (1 Tbsp), Monterey Jack Cheese (1/2 cup), most of the Medium Cheddar Cheese (1 cup), Onions (1/2 cup) and Ground Black Pepper (1/4 tsp).
- Cook for a few minutes until you have a thick and smooth sauce.
- Mash the breadfruit, while hot with a fork or potatoes masher until an even consistency.
Add the cheese sauce. *You may add more evaporated milk to ensure the mixture does not dry out. Fold in the mozzarella chunks. Place the mixture into a greased cooking dish. Sprinkle the rest of the grated cheese on top.
- Place on the middle rack of a preheated oven and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Let it cool for a few minutes